Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A POIGNANT EXCHANGE BETWEEN EMAILERS

Recently, my assistant Dimitri has told me I've been recieving several offers, by way of e-mail, regarding quick ways to make money. Just yesterday, I recieved this:

From: "issa muha"
To: Nicholasbuckinghamiv@yahoo.com
Subject: urgent Reply

I am the head of Accounts and Audit Department of Bank of Africa, Ouagadougou . It is my utmost pleasure to send you this confidential message. In my search for a reliable business partner overseas, i got your contact in the internet and was impressed with your profile hence my interest in doing business with you. In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $ 20.5m US dollars (Twenty million, five hundred thousand US dollars) belonging to a man who recently perished in a plane crash and has no next of kin. We simply need you to act as next of kin, and would transfer 30% of the money to an account with our bank. All you need to do is supply us with your social sec. # and bank account #.

Thank you,

Issa Muha

From: Nicholas Buckingham IV
To: "issa muha"
Subject: Re: urgent Reply

Mr. Issa Muha,

Apparently your study of my profile was incredibly superficial, as if you and your fellow employees at the Ouagadougou branch had done your homework, you would see that I am a MULTI-BILLIONAIRE, and thus couldn't give a rat's behind about 30% of 20 million, or 6 million dollars to be exact. In fact, just yesterday, I took six million dollars and wadded it up in to a ball and stuffed it in a potato gun I had built for me by the British secret service. Then I told my butler Gerard that I was giving him an early bonus, pulled out the gun, and gave him a thirty second head start. As I shot him in the back with the six million as he attempted to zig zag through my rose garden, I realized that in the time it took me to get a bead on Gerard, my stockholdings had already risen enough to make twice that. Therefore, I have no interest in your offer, and I suggest you donate the money belonging to the deceased man to a charity of your choosing.

Nicholas Buckingham IV

P.S. You should fire your assistant. His grammar is atrocious.

No comments: